Delta Dental Dentist
For more than 30 years, Dr. Terrance O’Keefe has provided the community with exceptional dental care to create generations of healthy, beautiful smiles. In addition to the quality of the care you receive, we understand that it is equally as important for the services to remain affordable, which is why we are a proud provider for Delta Dental insurance. As an in-network dentist, we will help you maximize the value of your policy to reduce your out-of-pocket expenses. To help you make the most of your insurance plan, we have the answers to your top questions about your coverage.
Q. How Does Dental Insurance Work?
- Dental insurance is similar to medical coverage; however, there is a stronger emphasis on preventive care to help reduce your long-term cost for services through optimal oral health. To benefit from dental coverage, you pay monthly premiums for your policy to enjoy full or partial coverage for your dental treatments.
Q. What’s the Difference Between an In-Network and Out-of-Network Dentist?
- Your dental insurance will likely recommend that you choose a dentist who is in-network, like Dr. O’Keefe. This means that they have pre-negotiated rates with the insurance company to keep the cost of care reduced.
While an in-network dentist is recommended, you still have the freedom to choose one who is out-of-network. This means that they do not have a contract with the insurance provider. As a result, you will have to pay the difference between what your insurance has agreed to cover and the fees the dental office charges.
Q. What Does My Dental Plan Cover?
- Every policy is different; however, most dental insurances cover preventive care in full or for a small copayment. You can get the cleanings, checkups, and other preventive treatments that you need for little to no expense to you.
In addition, after you have paid your yearly deductible, you are given an allowance to use toward restorative treatments. Depending on your specific plan, your insurance company may pay as much as 80% of treatments, like root canals, dentures, or tooth extractions. In some cases, your policy may even cover a portion of specialty services, like orthodontics or cosmetic treatments.
Q. Are Dental Implants Covered by Insurance?
- In most cases, dental implants are not covered by your dental insurance; however, depending on your policy, certain aspects of the procedure may be covered, such as tooth extractions, dental crowns, or bone grafting.
Q. How Will My Dental Insurance Pay Their Portion?
- We work closely with your dental insurance to file the necessary claims and paperwork on your behalf. Your insurance company will reimburse our office for their responsible portion of the treatments that you need.
Get a Healthy Smile Today
Dental insurance can be confusing, but do not let that keep you from scheduling an appointment. If you still have questions, contact our office today to speak with a member of our team. We will help you understand your policy to help you stay within your budget while achieving a healthy smile.